Good timing is essential if you want your fruits to be crispy and juicy. Sometimes, your fresh bananas can easily become bruised and overly spotted. Overripe bananas tend to go bad faster than other fruits. But this does not mean you should throw those bananas away. Here are recipes where overripe bananas can add more nutrition to your snacks:
Banana Soft Serve
If you’re craving for ice cream, but don’t want all those products with high-fat milk and other unhealthy ingredients, here’s one that you can make at home with bananas:
- Two overripe bananas
- Two teaspoons of vanilla
- Chocolate syrup
Here are the very easy to follow steps:
- Cut up the banana into chunks.
- Freeze the banana chunks for at least two hours or until they are frozen solid.
- Put the chunks into the food processor or blender and puree them for about five minutes.
- Add the vanilla halfway through the blending.
- Refreeze when done and serve.
Overripe bananas have carbohydrates and antioxidants. In fact, the more brown spots the banana has, the more antioxidants it contains. Next time you think about throwing those overripe bananas away, do these recipes instead.
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
The ingredients are free from sugar and gluten, making this a true healthy snack that you can enjoy no matter what time of the day. Ingredients are:
- ½ cup rolled oats
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ cup of overripe banana
- ¼ cup of salted peanut butter or any nut butter you want
- ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 1/16 teaspoon of salt
- Three tablespoons of raisins, chocolate chips, or any dried fruit
With the ingredients ready, follow these steps to make the cookies:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Mash the banana and add the nut butter.
- Add all the ingredients into the mixture and mash them all together until well-combined.
- Shape the dough into cookies.
- Bake for about 14 minutes.
Here’s a recipe that features overripe bananas without needing heavy amounts of butter and sugar:
- Two overripe bananas
- Three whole eggs
- Two egg whites
- ½ cup of rolled oats
- ½ cup of milk
- Two scoops of vanilla protein powder
- One teaspoon of baking powder
Make this au naturel banana bread with the following steps:
- Preheat your oven to 325 degrees F.
- While waiting, mash the bananas and whisk the milk and eggs together.
- Take all the dry ingredients and add to the banana, eggs, and milk mixture until you achieve a batter-like texture.
- Pour the mixture into a loaf pan.
- Bake the ingredients for about 35 minutes. You will know it is cooked when a fork is clean when you stab the bread.
You can also add nuts if you want. You can substitute banana cream for the protein powder if you wish.