Double chins can appear in anyone – even when you are slim. Aging and gaining a bit of weight are two of the most common causes of having a double chin. If you are like most people, you surely want to get rid of that annoying face fat. Thankfully, you can with these effective facial exercises:
1. Look at the ceiling, making sure your chin points upward. Push your lower jaw forward just a little bit. Be comfortable in your position as you will hold this for 10 seconds. This exercise will stretch a point under your chin and jaw.
2. Look up and then lower your jaw for about three inches and slowly lift it up again back to how you started. Repeat the process 20 times. Make sure that you move very slowly and gently, so that you are not applying tension to your face. As you keep doing this, you should be able to feel that part of your chin working hard. For the last one, drop the chin lower than usual to release the muscles properly.
3. Tilt your head back and look at the ceiling. Now, press your tongue to the roof of your mouth as forcefully as you can. Lower your chin toward your chest and go for as far as you possibly can without bending your upper back. The chin and the neck should contract, which signals you that you are doing the exercise correctly. Repeat 20 times.
4. This next exercise is the same as number 3, but instead of pressing your tongue against the roof of your mouth, you are going to pout. Stick out your lower lip as if you are pouting. To know you are doing it right, place a finger on your chin, which should be puckered and wrinkly. Hold this position for one second and then contract the muscles on your neck as you lower your chin to your chest. Pause and hold this position for one second. Relax your lips as you straighten your back and neck. Repeat this exercise 20 times as well.
5. This is also similar to numbers 3 and 4 where you tilt your head back and look at the ceiling. Make sure your lips are pressed together, but in a relaxed way. Keeping your lips together, move your mouth until it forms an “O” shape, which you should hold for 20 seconds. Relax your mouth and start again. Complete this by repeating at least 10 times.
With this exercises, you can make your chin look smaller, not just temporarily, but for good.